Houston News & Search
The Philadelphia Eagles lost one piece of its backfield.
Running back Donnel Pumphrey, who tore his hamstring in Wednesday’s practice, was placed on injured reserve Friday afternoon.
The 5-foot-9 Pumphrey impressed coaches during offseason workouts as a potential weapon in the passing game out of the backfield. The fourth-round rookie struggled in the preseason, however, and was inactive Week 1.
The injury could stymie the rookie’s development this season, as well as wipe another option out in the Eagles‘ running back corps. LeGarrette Blount remains Philly’s lead back, with Darren Sproles and Wendell Smallwood as change-of-pace runners. Undrafted rookie Corey Clement could also see an uptick in opportunities with Pumphrey sidelined.
Also, cornerback Ronald Darby (ankle) has been ruled out for Sunday’s game versus the Kansas City Chiefs. Safety Corey Graham (hamstring) is questionable.
Here are other injuries we’re tracking on Friday:
1. New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham (ankle), offensive lineman D.J. Fluker (leg) and linebacker B.J. Goodson (leg) are all questionable to play versus Detroit, while linebacker Keenan Robinson (concussion) will sit out. Right tackle Bobby Hart (ankle) was not listed on the injury report and fully participated in Saturday’s walkthrough.
2. Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game versus the San Francisco 49ers. Coach Pete Carroll told reporters that Sherman practiced on Friday but he’ll be a game-time decision.
3. Minnesota Vikings linebacker Anthony Barr (hamstring), quarterback Sam Bradford (knee) and cornerback Xavier Rhodes (hip) are questionable for Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said he anticipates Bradford playing.
4. New England Patriots linebacker Dont’a Hightower (knee), safety Nate Ebner (shoulder), wideouts Danny Amendola (concussion/knee) and Matthew Slater (hamstring) have all been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the New Orleans Saints. Safety Devin McCourty (groin) is listed as questionable.
7. Denver Broncos coach Vance Joseph said defensive lineman Jared Crick (back) needs surgery to fix a disc in his back. Broncos guard Ronald Leary (concussion) and safety Darian Stewart (groin) are questionable for their game against the Cowboys. Running back Devontae Booker (wrist), cornerback Brendan Langley (knee) and quarterback Paxton Lynch (shoulder) have been ruled out.
9. Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Jerel Worthy (concussion) didn’t practice Friday and has been ruled out. Running back LeSean McCoy had a scheduled rest day and is dealing with a sore groin. Bills coach Sean McDermott said McCoy’s issue is “nothing serious.”
Cornerback Kevin Johnson is out four-to-six weeks with an MCL sprain, a source informed Rapoport.
14. Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Michael Campanaro (ankle) and linebacker Tim Williams (illness) are questionable for Sunday’s game vs. the Cleveland Browns.
15. Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay says cornerback Kayvon Webster shoulder was limited in practice Friday and is questionable for Sunday’s game with the Washington Redskins.
16. Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians announced wide receiver John Brown (quad), offensive guard Mike Iupati (triceps) and left tackle D.J. Humphries (knee) have been ruled out for Sunday’s game versus the Indianapolis Colts. Linebacker Deone Bucannon (ankle) is listed as doubtful.
17. The Los Angeles Chargers have ruled out cornerback Jason Verrett (knee), Rayshawn Jenkins (concussion/shoulder) and wide receiver Mike Williams (back), though Friday was the first time Williams was even a limited participant in practice. Defensive end Jeremiah Attaochu, wide receiver Dontrelle Inman and tight end Sean McGrath are all questionable for Sunday’s game versus the Dolphins.
19. The Green Bay Packers listed offensive tackle David Bakhtiari (hamstring), offensive tackle Bryan Bulaga (ankle/illness) and defensive tackle Mike Daniels (hip) as questionable for Sunday’s game with the Atlanta Falcons. Linebacker Ahmad Brooks (concussion) is doubtful.
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Devante Bond (knee) has been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Bears. Lineman Evan Smith (illness) and linebacker Kwon Alexander (illness) are both listed as questionable.
23. Chicago Bears guard Kyle Long (ankle) has been ruled out versus the Buccaneers. Running back Benny Cunningham (ankle) is listed as doubtful. Cornerback Prince Amukamara (ankle), linebacker Leonard Floyd (back), running back Jordan Howard (shoulder), and wideout Markus Wheaton (finger) are all listed as questionable.
25. Detroit Lions defensive end Ezekiel Ansah (knee) was limited during Friday’s practice.
27. New York Jets linebacker Bruce Carter (ankle), center Jonotthan Harrison (concussion), tight end Jordan Leggett (knee) and safety Rontez Miles (eye) have all been ruled out for Sunday’s game against the Raiders.
Houston News & Search