Mom tells child not to be like fidget spinner-swallowing Texas girl; Ends up in hospital anyway

1 Houston

Houston News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search


Published 6:21 pm, Thursday, May 25, 2017

A 5-year-old Oregon child recently underwent surgery to remove a fidget spinner piece he swallowed. 

Prior to the incident, 23-year-old Johely Morelos warned her child of the danger associated with the small toy and showed him the story of a 10-year-old Texas girl who lodged a fidget spinner piece in her throat.

“I showed him pictures and said, ‘Never put that in your mouth,'” Morelos told Buzzfeed News. “I guess he didn’t listen that well.”


TOO FAR: A fidget spinner app is now the top free app in the App Store

After an unsuccessful visit to their local Albany hospital where doctors were unable to remove the piece, Morelos and her son Cayden were rushed by ambulance to a Portland hospital.

“It was super scary,” said Morelos. “When they were putting a tube down his throat, he was throwing up blood. It was really scary for me to see he was in pain.”

Cayden underwent a two hour surgery and woke up with a swollen lip and sore throat, which he quickly recovered from by the next day.

FINE DINING: A fidget spinner was confiscated in the kitchen of one of New York’s top restaurants

Now, Morelos is pushing for a choking hazard warning along with Kids in Danger, a child safety advocacy group.

Don‘t let your kid get a fidget spinner unless you absolutely think that they are responsible enough,” wrote Morelos in a Facebook post warning her friends.

Click through above to see the most popular toys of the past three decades.


1 Houston

Houston News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search


Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutube

Leave a Reply