Missing Texas 13-year-old found dead in Dallas home

1 Houston

Houston News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

A 13-year-old Texas girl missing for four days was found dead Sunday inside a Dallas home. 

The FBI and local authorities found the bodies of Shavon Le’Feye Randle and an unidentified male victim inside a house in the 2200 block of East Kiest. 

After reaching out to the community for tips, police received information leading them to the Cedar Crest address. 

“After arriving at the residence we noticed that there were some injured individuals inside,” Eric Jackson, special agent in charge of the FBI’s Dallas field office, told reporters Sunday. Authorities quickly identified Shavon as one of the victims and notified her family. 

RELATED: Amber Alert issued for teen

“We didn’t have the positive result we’re looking for, but we’ve been able to let Shavon’s family know we located her,” Jackson said. He thanked the community for helping lead investigators to girl’s location. 

Authorities did not immediately release a cause of death.

The teen vanished from her aunt’s house in the Dallas suburb of Lancaster on Wednesday. Her reported kidnapping triggered an Amber Alert, and police said they believed the teen was in “immediate danger” after a man called the house threatening to kill the girl.

Following her disappearance, police identified four possible persons of interest in the case: 26-year-old Darius Fields, 19-year-old Michael Titus, 25-year-old Laporshya Polley and 24-year-old Devontae Owens. One of the suspects Wednesday was seen driving a white, four-door sedan with dark etchings on the rear passenger side, police said.

On Friday, Fields and Polley were taken into custody and questioned, according to the Dallas Morning News

RELATED: Four people sought in missing teen case

The following day, the city of Lancaster announced that Owens and a fifth person – Laquon Wilkerson – had been arrested in connection with the case. 

Owens is still behind bars in the Dallas County jail, while Wilkerson is in the Tri City jail. Both are being held on $500,000 bail and face aggravated kidnapping charges. 

As of Saturday, authorities had not located Titus. But after Sunday’s gruesome discovery, authorities promised to seek justice.

“We’re going to continue our investigation,” Jackson said. “And anyone we find that were involved in this heinous crime against Shavon, we will bring you to justice and we will hold you accountable.”

1 Houston

Houston News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search



Leave a Reply