Big Daddy’s BBQ fire caused by ‘G’ in marquee sign

1 Houston

Houston News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search

It was an electrical failure in the “G” of the Big Daddy’s BBQ sign that sparked a three-alarm blaze at the Houston restaurant, investigators said Monday. 

The Saturday afternoon blaze at the State Highway 6 strip mall has been ruled accidental, the Harris County Fire Marshal Office said. 

Although images of the scene showed fire pouring out of the roof, the blaze was limited to a parapet void space at the front of the building. The interior of the actual structure only suffered minor smoke damage. 


Even so, the price tag of the fire could be hefty. 

“Investigators estimate approximately $1 million in damages from the fire, water, and business interruption,” HCFMO spokeswoman Rachel Moreno said. 

No injuries were reported and all building occupants escaped safely. 


1 Houston

Houston News & Search

1 News - 1 eMovies - 1 eMusic - 1 eBooks - 1 Search


Facebooktwitterredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Facebooktwitterlinkedinrssyoutube

Leave a Reply